The aim of this page is to provide information on vacancies available at and advertised by the Department of Environmental Affairs. Information includes application procedures and relevant application forms and documents.
The Department of Environmental Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is the department's intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability), through filling of these posts. Candidates whose appointment, promotion, or transfer will promote representivity, will receive preference.
Procedures and information to apply
- All applications must be submitted on a signed Z83 application form (PDF form ca be filled electronically) with a copy of a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications (Matric Certificate must also be attached, ID document, driver’s license (all attached documentation must not be older than six (06 )months) together with the recent curriculum vitae in order to be considered.
- Pretoria centre applications may be forwarded to the Director-General, Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-delivered to: Environment House, Erf 1563 Arcadia Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria. Marked for the attention: Human Resources Management.
- Cape Town centre applications may be forwarded to the Director-General, Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, Private Bag X4390, Cape Town 8000 or hand-deliver to:14th Loop Street, Cape Town. Marked for the attention: Human Resources Management.
- The National Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: criminal records; citizenship status; credit worthiness; previous employment (reference checks); and qualification verification.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to avail themselves at the department’s convenience.
- Entry level requirements for SMS posts: In terms of the Directive on Compulsory Capacity Development, Mandatory Training Days & Minimum Entry Requirements for SMS that was introduced on 1 April 2015, a requirement for all applicants for SMS posts from 1 April 2020 is a successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-Entry Programme as endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the below link:https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entryprogramme/
- The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completion of the NSG Public Service Senior Management Leadership Programme Certificate for entry into the SMS. Furthermore, candidates shortlisted for the SMS post will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job.
- Following the interview and the technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments.
- The person appointed to this position will be subjected to a security clearance, the signing of performance agreement and employment contract.
- The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not been contacted within three (03) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
|Reference No.||Description||Directorate / Branch||Closing Date|
|BC 01/2020||Control Biodiversity Officer: Grade A: Heritage Compliance||Biodiversity and Conservation (BC)||2020-07-27 16:00|
|CCAQ 02/2020||Control Environmental Officer: Grade A: Climate change Mitigation Sector Plan Implementation x 02 posts||Climate Change and Air Quality (CCAQ)||2020-07-27 16:00|
|RCSM 02/2020||Senior Legal Administration Officer: Law Reform x 02 posts||RCSM||2020-07-27 16:00|
|RCSM 01/2020||Senior Legal Administration Officer: Litigation and Appeals||RCSM||2020-07-27 16:00|
|ODG 03/2020||Senior Legal Administration Officer: Corporate Legal Support x 02 posts||Office of the Director-General (ODG)||2020-07-27 16:00|
|EP 03/2020||Deputy Director: Programme Implementation||Environmental Programmes (EP)||2020-07-27 16:00|
|EP 04/2020||Deputy Director: Programme Training and Youth Development||Environmental Programmes (EP)||2020-07-27 16:00|
|ODG 02/2020||Deputy Director: Language Services||Office of the Director-General (ODG)||2020-07-27 16:00|
|ODG 01/2020||Deputy Director: FOSAD Cluster||Office of the Director-General (ODG)||2020-07-27 16:00|
|CFO 02/2020||Director: Asset Management||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||2020-07-27 16:00|
|CFO 01/2020||Chief Director: Demand and Acquisition Management||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||2020-07-27 16:00|
|CFO 04/2020||Director: Financial Management||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||2020-07-27 16:00|
|CFO 03/2020||Director: Acquisition and Contract Management||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||2020-07-27 16:00|