The aim of this page is to provide information on vacancies available at and advertised by the Department of Environmental Affairs. Information includes application procedures and relevant application forms and documents.
The Department of Environmental Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is the department's intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability), through filling of these posts. Candidates whose appointment, promotion, or transfer will promote representivity, will receive preference.
Procedures and information to apply
- All applications must be submitted on a Z83 application for employment [PDF] form accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, identity document (ID) as well as a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) in order to be considered.
- Take note that the department will verify all qualifications and experience and that original documents must be submitted on appointment and all qualifications obtained abroad will be evaluated by SAQA.
- Short listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine the suitability of a person for employment.
- Senior Management candidates to be subjected to competency assessment, signing of an employment contract and performance agreement.
- If you have not been contacted within three months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Consideration will be given to applicants who meet the minimum requirements of advertised posts.
- Relaxation of qualification requirements may be considered for non-OSD posts.
- Applications available at the:
- Pretoria centre should be forwarded to the Director-General, Department of Environmental Affairs, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 OR hand delivered to the Department of Environmental Affairs, Environment House, 473 Steve Biko, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001 (Erf 1563 Arcadia Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road)
- Cape Town centre should be forwaded to the Director-General, Department of Environmental Affairs, Private Bag X4390 Cape Town 8000, OR hand-delivered to 14 Loop Street, Cape Town 8000 for attention: Human Resources
|Reference No.||Description||Directorate / Branch||Closing Date|
|CFO 11/2019||Administrative Officer: Office of the Chief Financial Officer||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||2019-08-26 16:00|
|CFO 10/2019||Assistant Director: Administration and Coordination||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||2019-08-26 16:00|
|COO 09/2019||Human Resource Officer: Service Benefits and Conditions X2 posts||Chief Operating Officer (COO)||2019-08-26 16:00|
|COO 08/2019||Human Resource Practitioner: Service Benefits and Conditions||Chief Operating Officer (COO)||2019-08-26 16:00|
|COO 10/2019||Senior Human Resource Officer: Recruitment, Selection and Appointments||Chief Operating Officer (COO)||2019-09-02 16:00|
|BC 04/2019||Director: Biodiversity Transformation and Beneficiation||Biodiversity and Conservation (BC)||2019-09-02 16:00|
|WB14/2019||Administrative Support Assistants x 4 posts||Waste Bureau of South Africa (WBSA)||2019-09-06 16:00|
|WB16/2019||Truck Drivers x 10 posts||Waste Bureau of South Africa (WBSA)||2019-09-06 16:00|
|WB15/2019||Senior Human Resource Specialist (Re-advertisement)||Waste Bureau of South Africa (WBSA)||2019-09-06 16:00|
|WB13/2019||Executive Assistant Manager||Waste Bureau of South Africa (WBSA)||2019-09-06 16:00|
|COO 13/2019||Senior Administration Clerk Grade III: Risk and Ethics Management - 3 years contract||Chief Operating Officer (COO)||2019-09-09 16:00|
|COO12/2019||Assistant Director: Operations Management Framework – three years contract||Chief Operating Officer (COO)||2019-09-09 16:00|
|COO 11/2019||Assistant Director: Fraud and Ethics Management - three (3) years contract||Chief Operating Officer (COO)||2019-09-09 16:00|
|BC 09/2019||Project Coordinator: Illegal Wildlife Trade - 3 years contract||Biodiversity and Conservation (BC)||2019-09-09 16:00|
|BC 08/2019||Project Manager: Illegal Wildlife Trade - 3 years contract||Biodiversity and Conservation (BC)||2019-09-09 16:00|
|COO 07/2019||Senior Human Resource Practitioner: Performance Management||Chief Operating Officer (COO)||2019-09-09 16:00|