Climate Change Provincial Stakeholder consultations commence
05 August 2015
The national Department of Environmental Affairs will host a series of stakeholder consultation workshops as part of South Africa’s preparation for the United Nations climate change talks in Paris, France later this year. A consultation workshop will take place in each province and a national workshop will also be convened.
The purpose of the workshops is to formulate South Africa’s Intended National Determined Contribution (INDC) to be communicated to the UNFCCC Secretariat as a national contribution to the post 2020 global climate change agreement. The workshops are also aimed at soliciting inputs for the country’s COP21 negotiating position in Paris.
The first provincial stakeholder consultation workshop will take place in KwaZulu-Natal on Thursday, 6 August. The details are below:
Date: Thursday, 6 August
Time: 8:30 - 14:30
Venue: Ebandla Hotel, Ballito, Portion 571, of farm lot 56, 931, Dolphin Coast
Members of the media are invited to all workshops.
Details of the workshops in other provinces:
- Northern Cape – Garden Court, 120 Du Toitspan Road, Kimberly (18 August)
- Free State – The President Hotel, Bloemfontein, 1 Union Ave, Bloemfontein (19 August)
- Mpumalanga – Emnotweni Casino, Cnr Madiba Drive & Eastern Boulevard, Riverside Park, Nelspruit, (24 August)
- Limpopo – Meropa casino, Plot No 59, Sterkloop Roodepoort Road, Polokwane (25 August)
- Gauteng – Sunnyside Park Hotel, Princess of Wales Terrace, Johannesburg, Braamfontein (28 August)
- Western Cape – Fire and Ice Hotel, New Church Street, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town (31 August)
- North West Province (TBC)
- Eastern Cape – ETC Conference Centre, Port Elizabeth (TBC)
- National event (TBC)
For media queries contact
Cell: 083 490 2871