President Zuma to lead anti-rhino poaching awareness day in Kruger National Park
29 October 2015
President Zuma will on Sunday, 1 November 2015, lead an anti-rhino poaching awareness day in the Kruger National Park, and officially launch the Joint Operation Centre.
Since the declaration of rhino poaching as a national security threat in 2011, the government has increased its efforts in curbing the scourge of rhino poaching. Cabinet approved the Integrated Strategic Management Approach to Rhino Poaching in 2014. The need for a strengthened approach, particularly on information coordination and strengthening of partnerships with neighbouring countries, law enforcement authorities as well as communities surrounding Parks have been prioritised.
One of the key milestones in the fight against Rhino poaching has been the establishment of the Joint Operation Centre in the Kruger National Park to co-ordinate operations against rhino poaching by all affected government institutions. These are the Departments of Environmental Affairs and Defence, the SAPS, SANParks and Provincial Conservation Agencies.
Media are invited to attend.
Date: Saturday, 31 October 2015 – Sunday, 1 November 2015
Time: 09:00 (refreshments will be provided)
SANParks Head Office
643 Leyds Street
RSVP: Friday 30 October 2015
NB:The Formal Event will happen on 1 November 2015 at Skukuza, Kruger National Park from 05:00 until 13:00.
Herewith a few tips and reminders to the media for the visit:
- Travel: Departure on Saturday at 09H00 sharp. Kindly be at SANParks Head Office by 08H30 SANParks Head Office, 643 Leyds Street, Muckleneuk, Pretoria.
- Clothing: Keep it simple! Flat, closed shoes and casual clothing. Please pack light comfortable clothes for the activities. Remember warm clothes for the evening as it can get chilly.
- Luggage: One piece of luggage. This excludes photographic equipment.
- Meals: Meals will be provided according to the program.
- Accommodation: Will be provided in the Kruger National Park.
RSVP deadline is 30 October 2015.
To RSVP Contact:
Cell: 083 400 5741
Cell: 073 373 4999
For media inquiries contact
Cell: 082 339 1993
Cell: 083 490 2871