Register with the Waste Bureau of the DEA
Request for all relevant role players within the approved Integrated Industry Waste Tyre Management Plan (IIWTMP) to register with the Waste Bureau of the Department of Environmental Affairs
An Integrated Industry Waste Tyre Management Plan (IIWTMP) for waste tyres was approved by the Hon Minister B E E Molewa in November 2012 and has been in implementation by REDISA since then. Different (groups of) people and companies have registered with this IIWTMP as either processors, transporters, depot operators or micro collectors.
The Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) has since established the Waste Bureau in terms of section 34A (1) of the National Environmental Management Act – Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008). One of its functions is to support and advise on the development and implementation of Industry Waste Management Plans. As part of this function, the Waste Bureau is setting up a database for all role players in the waste industry, which includes the Waste Tyre Industry.
The REDISA IIWTMP is the only approved Plan currently in implementation hence the Waste Bureau is thus requesting all role players who are currently registered with REDISA to register with the Waste Bureau.
The following categories should register:
- Tyre Producers (Manufacturers and Importers)
- Tyre Dealers
- Processors of waste tyres
- Transporters of waste tyres
- Depot operators/owners for waste tyres
- Micro collectors (there will be additional communication through South African Waste Pickers Association, SAWPA and municipalities to assist micro-collectors to register )
Forms for the respective groups stated above can be downloaded from the links below or requested through email or telephone.
- WB2017 registration form - Waste Tyre Dealers
- WB2017 registration form - Waste Tyre Transporters
- WB2017 registration form - Waste Tyre Producers/Importers
- WB2017 registration form - Waste Tyre Processors
- WB2017 – registration form - Waste Tyre Depots
The forms should then be returned to the Waste Bureau using the email given below.
NB: Micro collectors including waste pickers should go to the waste section of their respective municipalities for registration. Alternatively they can contact the Waste Bureau offices on the below contact details for further assistance.
Telephone: 012 399 9803
Only those companies/people currently registered with REDISA should register.
There are different forms for different categories. Please ensure that the correct form is filled in for your company/operation.
The completed forms should be returned to the offices of the Waste Bureau using the above email address.
For any queries or for further assistance please use the above contact details of the Waste Bureau.
Advert in a pdf format.
Waste Bureau newspaper adverts
- Cape Times - 14 February 2017
- Pretoria News - 14 February 2017
- The Star - 14 February 2017
- Natal Mercury - 14 February 2017
- Sunday Independent - 14 February 2017